Geevor at Grass

areial view of the whole of the Geevor site

Geevor is much more than a mine. Underground was just the beginning. 

There’s just as much to see and learn from the surface buildings at Geevor Tin Mine. About two- thirds of the work force of the tin mine actually worked above ground, in jobs that supported the underground or helped to process the ore into tin concentrate, the mine’s finished product.

 

Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of A Cocks at Cornwall Council

 

Species Invaders

Click to see a larger version of this imageJapanese Knotweed

Non-native plant species are those that are not believed to be local to the area and often come from far-flung locations.


Find out more >>

 

The Dry

Click to see a larger version of this imageinterior of the dry showing lockers and wellies

The Dry was the heart of the mine.


Find out more >>

 

The Sample House

Click to see a larger version of this imagesample house equipment

The Sample House was built between 1908 and 1912 and originally used for sample preparation and both Vanning and Chemical Assays.    


Find out more >>

 

Compressor house

Click to see a larger version of this imagecompressor machinery

There have been several compressor houses on the Geevor site in the past. 


Find out more >>


  • View Comments
  • Leave a Comment

No comments yet...why not be the first!

Click 'Leave a Comment' above.

Name: (as you would like it to appear on the website)

Email: (this will not be displayed on the website)

Comments: