At the top of the site near the main road there are several buildings which played a big part of the working of the early Geevor Tin Mines Ltd.
Former mine power house
Geevor mine made an early decision to use almost exclusively electrical power. A supply was arranged from the Cornwall Electric Power Co at Hayle, and by 1912 there was an electric winder at Wethered Shaft. A power house had been built near the Victory Shaft in 1919. The power house continued to be used through much of the life of the mine. By 1974, the building was in use as a store and the transformer had been moved to the new building nearby. In 1977 the transformer house was converted into a mineral gallery.